Autumn is finally here. Days are getting shorter and the weather’s getting colder. It’s time to put away your summer dresses and sandals and replace them with woolly hats and coats. I’ve put together a list of things to think about and do now it’s Autumn and as we come into the final quarter of 2016… Where has this year gone?!
- Opt for a darker nail colour. I’ve always been a sucker for nudes and greys but a dark slate grey is my favourite right now.
- Update your fragrance. Light, tropical, or citrussy fragrances just don’t work when the weather changes and starts getting colder. Take a stroll around your local fragrance counters to find yourself something new. My favourite Autumn / Winter fragrance is Dior Pure Poison. What’s yours?
- Go for a walk. Autumn is one of the prettiest seasons, you can walk throw all the crunchy leaves before winter sets and it gets too cold to be outside.
- Experiment with some new hot drinks. If you’re not feeling brave enough to make some of your own concoctions get down to your local coffee shop. I’m so in love with Pumpkin Spice Lattes right now, they’re like Autumn in a mug!
- Make Halloween plans and get a fancy dress outfit nailed. If you’ve got a little one why not plan a Halloween themed tea party with apple bobbing and other fun games?
- Get back on Netflix. Now that Summer’s gone and the cold, dark nights are rolling in it’s the perfect time to start a new series and make your way through all the films you’ve been meaning to watch.
- Switch up your wardrobe. It’s time to swap your summer dress for scarfs, jumpers and coats… Layering up can be fun plus Autumn clothes are by far the best. So snuggly and cosy!
- Make your way through your candle collection. So you all know I’m a self confessed candle addict, but I also know some people see candles as a purely Autumn / Winter thing. Now is the perfect time to dig out your candles and fill your home with some gorgeous scents.
- BAKE! Not that I need an excuse to get in the kitchen and bake cookies and cupcakes, but when the weather is miserable outside what better way to spend the day?
- Start thinking about Christmas. No one want to drop, or hear, the C bomb too early and for some this might be too early even now. The fact of the matter is it’s only 14 Fridays until the big day so start planning and start shopping!
What are your plans for Autumn?
… Let me know in the comments below!
– With Lipstick and Love x